Second Closet is the fully integrated secure storage and logistics partner you’ve been looking for. We offer cost-effective, technology-first solutions to seamlessly manage, securely store & return your files, assets and inventory when, where and how you need it done.
Opting to go with a secure storage and/or logistics partner is a crucial step to get right for any business. On one hand, it’s an excellent way to manage growth, stay organized, remain compliant and fulfill commitments. But entrusting essential operations to an outside entity can be a difficult leap for any organization to take. To ensure seamless integration, it’s important to work with a provider that will not only successfully manage storage and logistics, but one that is committed to operational growth, building partnerships and that acts in accordance with the best interests of the business. It’s in these areas that Second Closet delivers an unparalleled experience for our customers.
We are a fully integrated secure storage and logistics company that works with some of the biggest brands in Canada across four key verticals: e-Commerce Fulfillment, Retail Fulfillment, Secure File Storage & Records Management, as well as Business and Asset Storage. We bring a partnership mindset and approach to every client relationship, no matter the services rendered.
Click the Links to Learn More About Each of Our Service Offerings:
- e-Commerce Fulfillment
- Retail Fulfillment
- Secure File Storage and Records Management
- Business and Asset Storage
Second Closet is an Emerging Leader in Storage and 3PL
Second Closet launched into the consumer storage market in January 2017 with the mission of making the process better, faster and more affordable than ever before. We’ve had the opportunity to work with over 10,000 consumer clients since then, and are continuing to build on that momentum.
And though we cut our teeth in the consumer storage space, businesses began to approach us to help store, catalogue, manage and deliver everything from their physical assets and secure files to their product inventory. We developed a dedicated business offering these types of services to our clients across four verticals. Our goal? To make the secure storage and logistics process seamless, integrated, cost-effective and more convenient for all of our clients and partners. We take on the heavy lifting so our partners can focus on what they do best — running and growing their businesses.
1. e-Commerce Fulfillment: We Provide a Competitive Edge
Due to the personalized and comprehensive nature of online shopping, consumers are expecting more from their e-Commerce experiences than ever before. In Canada, the impact of these emerging marketplaces is difficult to ignore. The revenue generated within the retail e-Commerce market in Canada hit $40 billion USD in 2018 and this number is expected to grow to over $55 billion in 20231. The growing scope of this sector is equally as striking. According to Canada Post, the average number of online purchases grew +58% over the last three years and more than 80% of Canadians are now buying items from online stores2. These numbers make one thing abundantly clear: successfully navigating the unique demands of the online marketplace is essential.
Whether your online store is just starting up, or has been in business for years with tens of thousands of dollars of monthly sales — we can help. At Second Closet, we provide the logistical expertise needed to help you profitably deliver on your e-Commerce fulfillments, while helping you manage your growth in digital marketplaces. With our end-to-end, tech-enabled, scalable solutions for managing and inventory and logistics, we are a one-stop-shop for the storage, shipment and management of your e-Commerce orders. We’re redefining e-Commerce fulfillment by providing three key benefits for our partners:
- Unmatched Value: We leverage our partnerships with major postage providers to secure rate discounts of up to 80%. We don’t mark these savings up and we pass these savings on to you. Our fully-integrated services don’t only save you time and energy, we save you money and lessen freight costs and reduce delivery time.
- Proprietary, Turnkey Technology: Our proprietary technology seamlessly integrates with your online store like Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce and more. Whether it’s receiving, pulling, packing or shipping, we’ll execute end-to-end order fulfillment on time, every time.
- Committed Client Partnerships: We don’t believe in transactional relationships. That’s why we think of our clients as partners. We are accountable and committed to winning together, always going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
2. Retail Fulfillment: We Deliver Better Last-Mile Experiences
Despite the rapid growth of e-Commerce and online stores, brick-and-mortar shopping still dominates the retail landscape by a significant margin. Brick-and-mortar retail still contributes roughly 90% of total retail sales in the United States, despite the growing trend of e-Commerce over the last few years3. In Canada, the trend is the same, with online shopping only contributing 7.3% of total retail sales in 20172. These numbers indicate that shoppers still value being able to see and feel objects in stores and showrooms before purchasing. After they purchase in-store, ensuring you have the logistics in place to create an excellent last-mile experience is critical - especially for larger items requiring additional touch. From order placement to final delivery, it’s important to make every consumer touchpoint count.
Second Closet is a committed, organized, fully-integrated retail fulfillment partner. We are committed to helping you deliver on your customer commitments, more profitably, with ease. No matter the nature of the business, we help our partners create better brand experiences by making last-mile deliveries as seamless and cost-effective as possible. Here’s how we get it done:
- We Are Tech-Enabled: Our proprietary software can seamlessly integrate with complex ERPs to make the receiving, pulling, packing, and shipping of inventory more intuitive and efficient from start to finish.
- We Offer Better Value: We make it easier to fulfill your commitments for less. Our extensive warehouse network, fleet and logistics expertise lead to a reduction in freight costs, allowing us to create efficient, cost-effective last-mile experiences for you and your customers.
- We Create Partnerships With Our Clients: Our relationships with our clients are not transactional. We form meaningful partnerships to help improve customer experience and brand perception at each customer interaction point. Think of us as an extension of your team, rather than a third-party logistics provider.
3. Secure File Storage and Records Management: We Protect What’s Most Essential
Second Closet began as a convenient way to help our customers address their storage needs. We wanted to keep things easy: we’ll pick up and store your things safely and deliver back anything you need when the time comes. When it comes to our secure file storage service, the model is largely the same, though the services we provide go far beyond mere convenience.
Secure file storage is critical to helping businesses keep vital records — medical records, legal documents, accounting records, inventory records, etc — safe, secure and organized until they’re needed. It’s also essential for compliance purposes. In Canada for example, the CRA mandates that businesses are required to keep all relevant records and supporting documents for a period of six years from the end of the last tax year they relate to4. Failure to comply with these regulations can cost your business significant time and energy and can result in large and unwanted fines.
We offer end-to-end secure file storage solutions for businesses across a wide range of industries. Why waste the time and energy needed to properly store, organize and recall these vital records yourself? Here’s how we make it easier than ever to stay secure, stay organized and remain compliant:
- We Offer Best-in-Class Security: Any premium secure storage service has to start here. Our fully owned-and-operated storage facilities are climate-controlled, fire-safe and monitored 24/7 to provide constant security and peace of mind.
- We Make Recalling Your Files Easier Than Ever: We use our highly integrated, tech-enabled infrastructure to make document recall faster and more affordable. Simply select the files you need on our intuitive online platform and we’ll deliver them directly to you.
- We Offer More Convenience: Forget sorting, storing and tracking essential files on your own. We do the hard work — pick up, storing, digitizing, shredding and disposal — so you don’t have to lift a finger.
4. Business and Asset Storage: Stress Less Over Securing and Moving Expensive Business Assets
Whether you’re an XM agency looking for an all-in-one storage, setup and logistics partner, a restaurant looking for a reliable partner to store and catalogue your patio equipment in the off-season, or an office manager looking to secure extra IT equipment until it’s needed, business and asset storage is essential across a wide range of industries.
Don’t waste time and energy stressing over the best way to protect your critical assets and investments. Our dedicated teams work with partners across multiple industries to come up with custom storage and logistics plans that work for them. We are not just a storage company; we are an extension of your operations team that can help store, manage, deliver, set up and take down what you need when you need it done. We’re trusted by some of the biggest brands in Canada for the following reasons:
- We Offer Secure Warehousing and Storage: Our fully in-house teams provide custom-built solutions that address your business’s specific storage needs. No matter whether the job is big or small, you can trust us to safely pick up, store and return your items when and where you need them.
- We Use Turnkey Technology: Our proprietary software seamlessly integrates with your business. We manage and maintain a digital catalogue of your assets in order to securely store and move them according to your needs.
- We are More Convenient and Affordable: Forget stressing over the cost and hassle of managing your vital records or expensive assets and investments. We’ll pick up, store, manage and return whatever you need, all for less than the competition.
Discover How Second Closet Can Streamline Your Business
Choosing a secure storage and third-party logistics partner is a major step for your business. But just because the process is an important one, doesn’t mean it should be a hassle. No matter what services you need — big or small — Second Closet is a dedicated partner that offers tech-enabled, convenient, end-to-end solutions that can help your business run smoother.
To learn more about each of our verticals, visit our website.